To advance through the game, left-click or press the space
or enter keys. When at a menu, left-click to make
a choice, or use the arrow keys to select a choice and enter
to activate it.
When playing a game, right-click or press the escape
key to enter the game menu. The game menu gives the following
- Returns to the game.
- Save Game
- Allows you to save a game by clicking on a save slot.
- Load Game
- Allows you to load a game by clicking on a save slot.
Clicking on "Auto" accesses the automatic save slots.
Changes the game preferences (options/configuration):
- Switches between fullscreen and windowed mode.
- Controls the display of transitions between game
- Text Speed
- Controls the rate at which text displays. The further
to the right this slider is, the faster the text will display.
All the way to the right causes text to be shown instantly.
- Lets you control the game using a joystick.
- Chooses between skipping messages that have been
already seen (in any play through the game), and skipping all
- Begin Skipping
- Returns to the game, while skipping.
- After Choices
- Controls if skipping stops upon reaching a menu.
- Auto-Forward Time
- Controls automatic advance. The further to the left
this slider is, the shorter the amount of time before the game
advances. All the way to the right means text will never
- Music, Sound, and Voice Volume
- Controls the volume of the Music, Sound effect, and
Voice channels, respectively. The further to the right these
are, the louder the volume.
- Main Menu
- Returns to the main menu, ending the current game.
- Shows this help screen.
- Exits the game; the game will be closed and ended.
Key and Mouse Bindings
- Left-click, Enter
- Advances through the game, activates menu choices, buttons,
- Advances through the game, but does not activate choices.
- Arrow Keys
- Selects menu choices, buttons, and sliders.
- Causes skipping to occur while the ctrl key is held down.
- Toggles skipping, causing it to occur until tab is pressed
- Mousewheel-Up, PageUp
- Causes rollback to occur. Rollback reverses the game back
in time, showing prior text and even allowing menu choices to be
- Mousewheel-Down, PageDown
- Causes rollforward to occur, canceling out a previous
- Right-click, Escape
- Enters the game menu. When in the game menu, returns to the
- Middle-click, H
- Hides the text window and other transient displays.
- Toggles fullscreen mode
- Takes a screenshot, saving it in a file named
screenshotxxxx.png, where xxxx is a serial number.
- Alt-M, Command-H
- Hides (iconifies) the window.
- Alt-F4, Command-Q
- Quits the game.
- When a save slot is selected, deletes that save slot.
Toggles self-voicing mode, which reads text to the user using an
os-supplied speech synthesizer. For more information, please read
- Toggles clipboard-voicing mode, which copies text to the
clipboard so it can be read by a screen reader.
This program contains free software licensed under a number of
licenses, including the GNU Lesser Public License. A complete list
of software is available at http://www.renpy.org/doc/html/license.html.